Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finding Inspiration in Bikinis...???


I'm addicted to "Ashley Paige: Bikini or Bust" on TLC. I don't know when it debuted or if I'm even watching episodes in the right order (TLC and HDTLC show two episodes in a row on Fridays, and I DVR them), but the show is great. Ashley's an LA-based bikini designer who makes couture bikinis and has a celebrity following, but can't seem to get her business to the next level...or make her rent most months, for that matter. I actually saw her show at LA Fashion Week in October 2006, so one of my favorite episodes was when she had to create the looks for her Fall show this year in 2 weeks--and find $20,000 to fund it! The show is inspiring: designer/business woman with a vision and and a dream finds a way to overcome obstacles no matter what she's faced with. "Reality" show or not, Ashley's ambition and positive attitude really make you see that anything's possible. Add in her hilarious mom (she fed donuts to models at one of her daughter's castings) and Juan, Ashley's knitter, and you've got recipe for good TV. Love it!

No comments: