Monday, August 25, 2008

The Art of Octopus Hunting and The Secret



My bf Shawn uses The Secret. Only he calls it "Tiger Paw." It's a principal that's based on manifesting and getting what you want...just like The Secret. OK, maybe it's not a "principle" exactly, but you get the picture. I wouldn't say I'm always a believer in this kind of thing, though I really want to be. Well, after this weekend I'd say I'm a believer. Shawn has been thinking about hunting for octopus for a few months now. He took up free diving exactly a month ago. He bought a figurine of an octopus and an octopus sticker, which are both on his desk. He bought a spear. He watched octopus hunters on YouTube. And last Saturday, he caught an octopus. On his spear. In the ocean. In like 60 seconds. I'm no fisherman, and even I know that he'e or tako hunting ain't easy. But he did it. I believe, I believe! 

No comments: