Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nobu Waikiki!







Nobu Waikiki celebrated it's 1st birthday on Thursday. Nobu-san himself was in attendance. I love that guy. I fanned out over him last year at the opening (see photo above). And I'm not the type to ask celebrities if  I can take a picture with them. I like to pretend that I don't see them or know who there are. Just last weekend, we had a John Mayer sighting at Sansei, and I was trying to pretend he wasn't there (not an easy feat, believe me). I didn't get another photo with Nobu this time around, but I did eat some yummy, yummy food. The signature hamachi sashimi with ponzu and jalapeno is my favorite. The miso butterfish and crispy shrimp are also delicious. The photos here may not do these dishes justice, so I've included Flash and Ali enjoying their dessert. 

No comments: