Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Fashion Week!


Spring 2009 Fashion Week kicked off last Friday, and I'm doing my usual online oohing and ahhing...although this time around is even better, since Style.com launched a new iPhone application that allows you to view shows as they happen in a slideshow on your phone. I love the spring shows; maybe it's because I live in Hawaii and the fall shows always seem just a little inaccessible, given the climate here, or maybe I just like spring better. Trovata, one of my favorites, was one of the earlier shows, and I'm eating it up. Born out of Southern California, Trovata has a beachy, nautical, surfer-y thing going on, which isn't my normal style...but I love it anyway. This romper is too cute. I love the Nantucket-style sailor's knot bracelet pattern worked into a detail going down the front, not to mention the Keds-style shoes sans laces. They bring back memories of 5th and 6th grade for me.

No comments: