Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shu!


I've always been fascinated with Shu Uemura. When the store was still open on Greene Street in New York, I would walk in and be mesmerized by the walls of eye shadow and lip colors. But I would leave without buying anything; It looked so beautiful, but I think I was intimidated. And, I was probably running late on my way to Kelly & Ping to eat noodles. In fact, the only Shu Uemura item I had for a long time was the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. When the Shu Uemura boutique opened in Neiman Marcus Ala Moana Center, I was excited to see all those colors again. And it was the visual stimulation that sucked me in and subsequently hooked me for life. I bought a bottle of limited edition Cleansing Oil featuring artwork by Ai Yamaguchi. I fell in love with it, and continue to use Cleansing Oil Premium A/O today. I've tried other Shu Uemura products over time and they have become staples in my skin and makeup arsenal–Mascara Basic, Fiber Xtension Lengthening Mascara, Liquid Eyeliner Pen, Rouge Unlimited Lipsticks, and UV Under Base SPF 10. Today at the Shu Uemura boutique at Neiman Marcus, Gina Brooke (upper left pic, she's on the right), Artistic Director of Shu Uemura met with local clients to give them one-on-one skin, color and makeup consultations. It was such a treat to talk to her and get her advice on skincare and color, and learn more about the Shu Uemura brand. So this summer I'll be wearing M Orange 55 on my cheeks and a bit of Peach Sweet Lip Gloss on my lips. And the new secret Shu weapon–Cover Crayon–a concealer that I'll be using on my eyelids for my "no makeup" makeup look. 

No comments: