Friday, October 10, 2008

XXX


To celebrate Diesel's 30th anniversary, select stores sold $50 limited-edition Matic jeans for one day only (today). I had no idea this was even happening until I spotted Dan Weaver sitting on the sidewalk outside of the Diesel Waikiki store at 9:30 AM today. I immediately called him and asked him why the hell he was sitting on the sidewalk. He explained to me the situation of the super special Dirty Thirty jeans, but sadly (so sadly, because I friggin' love Diesel!), I couldn't get in line with him. Too much HIFF stuff to do. (P.S. go to HIFF!). I wished him a happy fashion adventure, hung up, and went on my way. At 1:00 PM, I finally had a free moment, and decided to call both Diesel stores (Ala Moana Center and Waikiki) to see if they were sold out, and found out that Waikiki still had some jeans remaining. I headed over and stood in line; there were about 10 people in front of me when I got there. The store was only letting one person in at a time to try on the jeans and purchase. I finally got up to the front, and there were only about five pairs left. And there was one in my size. Oh my goodness. I got a pair! Hooray! Thanks Dan Weaver! (And a special shout out to Henry.)

No comments: