Friday, March 21, 2008

A Bargain So Big, I Had To Blog About It


 So I moved into a new place, and I need stuff. One of the things I need is stuff for my kitchen, since I love to cook. I've been shopping around, trying to find the best deals--from Wal-Mart to Executive Chef, every price point is out there. And kitchenware can be pretty pricey, especially if you want quality. Today, I scored. It happened at Macy's. I got the following: a 5-quart saute pan, a 14-inch non-stick skillet, a wine opener, a cutting  board, a Microplane, a toaster, spice containers, a colander, a spatula...what am I forgetting? Look at the photo to see all of my loot! And guess how much it all cost me? $100! Can you stand it? I had a Macy's Star Reward, which took 15% off the total, plus the toaster, Microplane, saute pan, and spice containers were marked down an additional 40% from their ALREADY marked down prices (which at about 30%, means I saved 70% when all was said and done). Macy's is the place for kitchenware. Seriously. Oh, and they also carry the awesome Martha Stewart for Macy's line (the saute pan was MS--originally $60, I got it for $13.19!!) I'm going back regularly and looking for that 40% off red sign.

P.S. I know what I forgot! The Martha Stewart flour sifter! Yes!

No comments: